Thursday, April 14, 2011

In the CD player...


While watching the Foo Fighters documentary "Back and Forth" on Palladia the other night, I had what can only be called (especially for a giant Nirvana fan like myself) a moment. Kris Novoselic, bassist for Nirvana, played bass on the song "I Should Have Known." Dave Grohl, of course, was Nirvana's 5th and best known drummer. Seeing them in the studio together, recording with Butch Vig (who produced Nirvana's breakout "Nevermind"), working on a song partially inspired by Kurt, was so exciting! And yet, it was a tee bit sad...being that Kurt obviously wasn't there. His genius, and presence, is sorely missed within the music community.

With that said, I honestly can't stop listening to the newest Foo Fighters album. It hits hard, rocks out, and has just the right amount of pop to be catchy and memorable. I love that it was recorded in Dave's garage, and I love that it was recorded on tape. I will literally give my left arm to see them live this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment