Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Current Obsessions...

  • Cat Eye Eyeliner - I've been loving the resurgence of the cat-eye look in makeup. For what seems like years now, we've seen the smokey eye as the bold eye look for evening. I think it's time for a change! For day, this look can be subtle, and emphasizes the eye while making outer lashes look full and thick. At night, it's pure glam, channeling the most glam of them all - Elizabeth Taylor. Leighton Meester rocked this look at the Met Costume Gala, while it popped up on the runways of both Lavin and Phillip Lim. 




  • Royal Wedding Hats - I'm dying for this trend to make it's way to this side of the pond! As I have a wedding in October, I'm considering busting out a substantially smaller version of these toppers.



  • Taking Back Sunday - One of my favorite bands! They just put back together what was arguably the best line-up ever assembled, and recently dropped a new EP. I've been loving their single, El Paso, for it's hard hitting sound. Taking Back Sunday is back baby!

  • Bright Lips - I've been completely taken with the trend of bright, bold lips - especially in hot pink and vibrant red. I haven't completely taken the plunge, but I've been taking a dip in the shallow end with sheer glosses and tinted lip balm. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment